Cockroaches are well known for spreading diseases that have serious health risks to you and your family.
They carry diseases of Salmonella, Gastro-enteritis and Dysentery and many others. There have been medical investigations linking eczema and childhood asthma to cockroach droppings.
Cockroaches are very resilient and breed rapidly, especially in the warmer months of spring and summer.
At the first sign of an infestation it is essential to contact a Pest Expert to manage and eliminate cockroaches in your property. Only expert products and solutions are powerful enough to eliminate all stages of their life cycle.
Call Rebel Pest Professionals on 49568727 to arrange an of effective solution.
How you can help prevent Cockroaches
Your property is an ideal breeding ground for cockroaches. There are multiple ways they can gain entry through cracks, crevices, vents, sewers and pipe drains.
What you can do to help prevent cockroaches is to deny them easy access to food, water and shelter.
German cockroaches tend to favour kitchens and can be prevented by keeping crumbs and other particles of food from accumulating in and around counters, cupboards, and electrical appliances.
Below are a number of actions you can take at your property to help prevent cockroach infestations.
- Eliminate food sources – store dry foods in tightly sealed containers or in sealed plastic bags and do not leave food sitting out on counters. Do not leave liquids in sinks or buckets.
- Clear all waste food and liquid spillage – clean up food debris from benches, under sinks and appliances. Empty the rubbish bin on a daily basis and keep all garbage or compost in sealed bins.
- Remove pet food – and drink and litter trays before going to bed at night.
- Rinse cans, bottles and plastics – before putting them in recycling bins.
- De-clutter – remove old stacks of newspapers and magazines, unused cardboard boxes and all other forms of clutter from the floor or bottom of cupboards. Cockroaches release a pheromone in their droppings telling others they have found a safe place.
- Varnish or paint wood shelves – to seal them. Wipe them clean regularly.
- Seal entry points – to deny access to cockroaches. Key risks are gaps around pipes, drains and common walls with neighbouring properties when dealing with German and American cockroaches. Even tiny cracks around skirting boards and behind electrical sockets should be plugged to reduce potential hiding areas.
Cockroaches require Professional Treatment
While the actions above will help control an existing infestation you will also need professional treatment from a Pest Expert.
A quick response is essential to prevent cockroaches spreading in your property and out to your neighbours.
Rebel Pest Professionals are your Pest Experts with all the knowledge and equipment to ensure we get rid of your cockroaches. The best form of prevention is regular monitoring and pest control by the professionals.