We all know how annoying and painful mosquitoes can be
No matter how many times you swat them away there are always some that will still land on you giving a nasty itchy bite or two.
Here are some facts to know about mosquitoes:
- They develop from eggs to adults in six to ten days.
- They are found close to still water, where their larvae feed and develop.
- You are most likely to get bitten at sunrise and sunset.
- They have an internal clock that tells them to feed at sunrise and sunset.
- They are attracted to bright colours and strong scents like perfume and deodorants.
Mosquitoes are synonymous with Australia but that doesn’t mean we like them.
Below are a few things you can do around your property to prevent attack –
- Keep windows closed – After sunset, keep windows and doors closed or block out the light with curtains.
- Insect screens – Fit fly screens to windows and external doors.
- Clear up – Clear up dead mosquitoes, as they provide a tasty snack for others.
- Cover water – Cover water with well fitted lids to prevent mosquito larvae in the water.
- No standing water – Do not leave standing water as this gives mosquitoes a good place to breed. If you have a garden pond, think about getting some goldfish as they will eat mosquito larvae.
- Natural repellents – Try natural repellents such as citronella, neem oil, peppermint oil, lemon eucalyptus oil, witch hazel, garlic, lavender and vanilla extract.
Mosquito Services for your Business
If you have mosquitoes at your business, you will want to get rid of them quickly. They are a nuisance not only to your staff, but also your customers.
- Our Pest Experts have extensive knowledge to assist in providing the best treatment for your Business.
- There is a wide range of electric fly killers for your business that are quick and effective for mosquito’s too.