Even though summer is coming to an end, pests are still enjoying the warm temperatures and an infestation could be right around the corner.
Our expert Pest Technicians have put together a list of simple things you can do around your home or office to prevent an infestation:
- Ants love leftovers, so store food in airtight containers like Tupperware or jars with rubber seals on the lids.
- Keep a tight lid on your rubbish bins at all times.
- Inspect your home or office for cracks or holes in walls, your foundation, and vents. If you find any, fill or seal them as soon as possible to help prevent termites, cockroaches, and other pests from entering.
- Inspect dried food packaging (when possible) for worms, beetles, moths, and other pests before you buy them.
- Landscaping that comes in contact with your home or office give pests an easier way indoors, so keep your trees and shrubs away from the building.
- Fix any leaking pipes, taps, appliances including air conditioning & water tank overflow. Standing water can attract many different types of pests.
- Clean your counter tops, tables, and floors on a regular basis to prevent crumbs or food buildup.
- If you don’t have screens on your windows or doors, install some. You’ll be able to let fresh air in without worrying about pests.
- Beetles and termites love wood, so eliminate any scrap wood inside or outside your home or office.
- Keep your home clutter-free. Pests love hiding out in dark areas, so the more clutter you have, the more homes they have to choose from.
- Before they come inside, check your pets for fleas. Once fleas are indoors, they can easily spread.
- Vacuum your home or office frequently to eliminate pests and/or pest eggs.
- Use citronella candles when outdoors to prevent mosquitoes.
- Resist using wood mulch for your landscaping. Instead, try gravel or rock.
If you’ve tried these tactics, but are still experiencing a pest infestation, call Rebel Pest Professionals now on 49568727 or email us today. We can offer you a free quote or site assessment to suit your needs and get your pest infestation under control.