“Protect your family and home from pests”
Pest Control – Newcastle and Hunter Valley
Established over 25 years ago, Rebel Pest Professionals is your locally owned pest control business servicing Newcastle and the Hunter, including Lake Macquarie, Port Stephens, Maitland, Wine Country, Singleton, Muswellbrook, Scone, Merriwa and Murrurundi and all surrounding areas.
We offer a full range of pest control and termite services, to protect you, your family, your home and your business from pests.
In most cases, a general pest treatment will do the job, but we offer a full range of specialist pest control services, termite inspections and termite treatments to keep your home or business pest free.
For excellence in pest control and superior services please give us a call!
The Bugs Stops with Us!
Our general pest control treatment
With 11 pests covered in our general pest treatment, for most homeowners our general pest control treatment will do the job.
A general pest control treatment once a year is generally enough to keep your home pest-free.
Although some customers call this a “pest spray” it’s a lot more involved that just spraying the building and indeed we normally use a range of products:
- 11 Pests Covered: American cockroaches, spiders, silverfish, clothes moths, pantry moths, earwigs, slaters, centipedes, millipedes, paper wasps, mud dauber wasps.
- Areas treated:
- External Perimeter including doors, windows, other entry points and eaves
- Garages, verandas, sheds, outdoor furniture, play equipment, fence lines and letterboxes
- Roof void and sub-floor (if present)
- Internal Perimeter including skirtings, architraves and spot treat cornices
- Products used:
- sprays to the outside areas
- powders in the roof void
- spot areas with spray, dust and gel baits as required
Safety is our number one consideration. Before we carry out any treatment we discuss any concerns you may have and carry out a risk-assessment. To protect your family and pets, we select the most appropriate products for your situation, with the best safety profiles and reduced environmental impact. If we are carrying out a spray treatment, it will be necessary to keep children and pets out of the area until the treatment is dry.
If you have a serious infestation of a particular pest it may well be a better option to have a specialist pest treatment carried out.
Specialist pest control treatments
When you have a specific pest problem a specialist pest control treatment will be the best option.
Our specialist pest treatments have three key elements:
- We carry out an investigation to identify the cause of the problem
- Provide specific treatments using specialised products
- Recommend actions to prevent the problem re-occurring.
Before, during and after a pest control treatment
There are a few things you can do to help, to make sure we can safely apply a complete treatment.
Before we arrive:
- Clear items away from the perimeter of the building
- Have a general tidy up so we can check all rooms
- Pack away toys
- Have dogs & cats removed from the property or housed away from the building
- Cover any ponds or fish tanks
During the treatment:
Keep children and pets clear of the treatment area. Whilst you don’t have to leave, it is often easier.
After we leave:
Once any spray treatments have dried, people and pets can re-enter the area.
As the spray treatments leave an invisible residue on treated surfaces, avoid washing down surfaces. Otherwise, the treatment will be washed away and the duration or protection will be reduced.
How to prevent a pest problem…
Here are some tips to reduce the chances of a pest infestation:
Removal of sources of food is particularly important for ants, cockroaches and rodents
- Clear away dirty dishes after meals
- Keep kitchen, cooker and fridge clean
- Clear up any food spillages
- Use sealed glass or plastic containers to store food
- Don’t leave pet food out after feeding
- Put rubbish in sealed garbage bags and place in rubbish bins away from the house
Stop pests coming inside
- Make sure doors, windows and screens are tight fitting
- Fill any holes and cracks in walls and around doors / windows
- Seal around utility entry points
- Use insect grills in weep holes
- Trim back any branches that overhang the roof (important for rodents)
Reduce potential pest hiding places
- Make sure roof void and sub-floor are clear of stored goods / boxes
Clear back vegetation in garden beds immediately surrounding the home (or better still have plants in pots on a pebble mulch around the home perimeter)